Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Are YOU content?

I ask this because I think, as a Christian, we all feel like we are supposed to be, but many of us, deep down, are not. This is THE place where the world, flesh, and devil all come together to really hit us up.

I have one verse that is most prevalent for me, because I can tend to get wacky caught up in circumstances, and altho I used to believe I was in no way a perfectionist (or at least had only fleeting fancies in this area), I am now seeing that I was depending more than I thought on circumstances and things being as 'ok' as I felt they needed to be to be content. But, there was always that niggling (love that word).

Here's the verse from Hebrews (13:5): "Be content with such things as you have, for He has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'. Ok ,let's pull it apart...

God is telling us (not asking us, this is written as a command) to be content. Why? What is THE reason to be content? Because HE will NEVER leave you nor forsake (to leave alltogether, to abandon) you. That is it. We get soo caught up in our surroundings - the world and all it's stuff pulling at us - better this, more that. The reason to be content is that He, our Counselor, Rock, Lover, Redeemer, will never leave us or abandon us.  Please, let's all let that sink in.May we all be renewed in this encouragement, this exhortation, this hope...

Anything you would like to add? I would LOVE to hear from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment